Frequently Asked Questions
- What does Transpire – Global Director Network do and who is it for?
- Why join Transpire?
- How do I join?
- How do I sign up for an event?
- Can Non-Members join events?
- What coaching options does Transpire offer and who will be my Transpire Coach?
- Does Transpire membership lead me to securing a Non-Exec or Trustee role?
- What help does Transpire offer with developing my Board CV?
- What support does Transpire offer with interviews for Board roles?
Transpire exists to help non-executive directors, board members, business leaders and executives operating at or near board level develop the competencies, knowledge and skills they need to increase the contribution they make at board level. Our Members share a passion for giving back to society through the application of their knowledge and experience to boards and for lifelong learning. They recognise the need to keep their knowledge and skills up to date by engaging in continuous professional development and networking with peers which Transpire facilitates through its CPD & Networking Events Programme, its Faculties and the Transpire Connect community platform
Transpire membership offers comprehensive onboarding and ongoing support to successful executives and Board Members who are looking to develop their board careers. We offer more than a one-off, static executive education programme. Instead, Transpire members receive ongoing, dynamic support including:
– Members-only events facilitated by internationally recognised thought leaders
– Access to a wide range of learning, networking and job opportunities via our unique Transpire Connect community platform
– CPD accredited training covering the knowledge and skills demanded of today’s Board Members
– Subject-specific faculties hosted by leading NEDs and Chairs
– Annual “MOT” to keep your career plan on track, which includes a 90-minute session with a Transpire Approved Coach
Yes, we run a number of open sessions throughout the year and there are a limited number of guest tickets available for each Members-Only Faculty-Led event.
Transpire has a number of Approved Coaches that can be matched with you, depending on your background and objective. We offer a free 30 minute initial consultation/”chemistry” meeting, as it’s important a strong trusting relationship is built.
It will help you, but ultimately it is up to you. Transpire will make you “match-fit” to engage with the Board market by helping you identify/sharpen your offering and build your network appropriately and by providing you with up-to-date knowledge resources and “due diligence” information around specific opportunities but at the end of the day, only YOU can land the role!
Transpire’s Stepping Stones and Next Steps Programmes both include workshops on developing/updating your Board CV. These workshops are led by established NEDs.
Through the Transpire Connect community platform you can ask “due diligence” questions of your peer group. We can invariably make introductions to established NEDs who’ve done similar roles and/or to senior people in the organisation so that you can understand more of the background to the role.