Meet industry-leading NEDs, build your network and share best practice using our online platform. Transpire Connect offers you the opportunity to showcase your talents and network with your peers around the world on the critical issues facing Boards today in a trusted, safe environment under “Chatham House Rules”.
Through this peer group platform you can:
- Harness the power of the Transpire Network by asking questions, posting articles and starting discussion
- Access live news and a personalised activity feed
- View member profiles and make personal connections
- Access Faculty news feeds and resources, including exclusive Members-Only content
- Learn about, sign up for and join CPD & Networking Events, both Open Sessions and Members-Only Faculty-Led events
High Performing NED’s Toolkit © ™
- Self-awareness is key to being a successful NED. Map your competencies and build a development pathway using a framework built by high-performing NEDs.
- Our purpose-built diagnostic tool, designed with input from leading NEDs, builds self-awareness of the key competencies and associated knowledge and skills needed to excel in the board room. Results are captured in an easy-to-use report that you will review with your Transpire coach.
- Use of the Toolkit is one of the three elements of both our New Member Onboarding process and our “Annual MOT” process for established Members. It is used in conjunction with your Board Career Plan and your Personal Development Pathway for the next 12 months and discussed in a 90 minute session with your Transpire Coach.
Non-Executive Director and Trustee
“As an existing or aspiring NED, the opportunity to go through this annual “MOT” process is extremely valuable and worthwhile.”
- Helping Board Members cope with the increasing issue of information overload and also proving accredited and globally recognised CPD opportunities
- Network with your peers and learn about topical issues facing boards from recognised thought leaders.
- Every year Transpire hosts a series of virtual and in-person members only events. Our events programme covers topical issues facing boards today and offers members the opportunity to participate in live discussions and networking as well as learn first hand from experts in the field. The majority of our events are CPD accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
Stepping Stones Programme
“The Stepping Stones speakers were brilliant. Every single one of them was so engaging. You often feel like you’re just being talked at in these situations, whereas this was a conversation.”
The expert speakers on the Stepping Stones Programme give you the knowledge and insights you need to make a successful transition from an executive to a non-executive director (NED) Board Member and to be effective NED/Board Member. You will understand what NED opportunities are right based on your career experience and learn how to access them.
- Step 1: Meet a NED
An opportunity to meet an established NED, typically one of our Faculty Leads, to hear their story of building a portfolio career. Continue the conversation via the Transpire Connect Community Platform.
- Step 2: Governance Fundamentals
Understand both the basics corporate governance and be brought bang up to date with the current key practical issues by our guest speakers.
- Step 3: Finance Fundamentals
What every director needs to understand about board-level finance. Identify the key finance questions to ask at board and the appropriate manner to do so.
- Step 4: Building YOUR Strategic Perspective
Broaden current functionally orientated knowledge and experience into YOUR unique NED offer by identifying your core strategic skills using a reflective process with the help of insights from a leading Non-Exec recruiter.
- Step 5: Build a Board Ready CV
Work out what your offer is as a director and articulate your value clearly and succinctly using Transpire’s unique tools and templates. Understand current trends in CV formats and how to navigate the NED recruitment market from established NEDs and expert recruiters.
- Step 6: Join the Transpire Global NED Register
Graduates of the Programme are presented with a copy of the 2nd edition of Patrick Dunne’s seminal work “Boards” – a must-read for any Board Director and the opportunity to apply for admission to this globally acknowledged accreditation.
Turn your career experience into a coherent, powerful story that can win you NED opportunities, and get support during your journey.
- Career strategy and planning
- Skills development
- Role-focused mentoring
High Performing Board Member Toolkit © ™
- Self-awareness is key to being a successful Board Member.
- Map the competencies and build development pathways for all Members of your Board using a framework built by high-performing Board Members.
- Our purpose-built diagnostic tool, designed with input from leading Board Members, builds self-awareness of the key competencies and associated knowledge and skills needed to excel in the board room. Results are captured in an easy-to-use report that you will review with your Transpire coach.
- “I have completed updating the assessment tool which I found well laid out, intuitive and flexible.” Alok Juyal, Global Head of Finance Hewlett Packard
- Use of the Toolkit is one of the three elements of both our New Corporate Member Onboarding process and our “Annual MOT” process for established Corporate Members. It is used in conjunction with the Strategic Board Career Plan and the associated individual Board Member Personal Development Pathways for the next 12 months and discussed in a 90 minute session with your Transpire Coach.
- Get help with the evaluation and development of a board, including skill sets and boardroom dynamics.