Meet industry-leading NEDs, build your network and share best practice using our online platform.
Through this peer group platform you can:
- Harness the power of the Transpire Network by asking questions, posting articles and starting discussion
- Access live news and a personalised activity feed
- View member profiles and make personal connections
- Access Faculty news feeds and resources, including exclusive Members-Only content
- Learn about, sign up for and join CPD & Networking Events, both Open Sessions and Members-Only Faculty-Led events
High Performing NED’s Toolkit
- Self-awareness is key to being a successful NED. Map your competencies and build a development pathway using a framework built by high-performing NEDs.
- Our purpose-built diagnostic tool, designed with input from leading NEDs, builds self-awareness of the key competencies and associated knowledge and skills needed to excel in the board room. Results are captured in an easy-to-use report that you will review with your Transpire coach.
- Use of the Toolkit is one of the three elements of both our New Member Onboarding process and our “Annual MOT” process for established Members, the others being your Board Career Plan and your Personal Development Pathway for the next 12 months, as discussed in a 90 minute session with a Transpire Approved Coach
Non-Executive Director and Trustee
“As an existing or aspiring NED, the opportunity to go through this annual “MOT” process is extremely valuable and worthwhile.”
- Helping Board Members cope with the increasing issue of information overload and also proving accredited and globally recognised CPD opportunities
- Network with your peers and learn about topical issues facing boards from recognised thought leaders.
- Every year Transpire hosts a series of virtual and in-person members only events. Our events programme covers topical issues facing boards today and offers members the opportunity to participate in live discussions and networking as well as learn first hand from experts in the field. The majority of our events are CPD accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
Stepping Stones Programme
Understand what NED opportunities are right based on your career experience and how to access them.
- Step 1: Meet a NED
An opportunity to meet an established NED, typically one of our Faculty Leads, to hear their story of building a portfolio career. Continue the conversation via the Transpire Connect Community Platform.
- Step 2: Governance Fundamentals
Understanding the current corporate governance landscape.
- Step 3: Finance Fundamentals
What every director needs to understand about board-level finance.
- Step 4: Building Strategic Perspective
Broaden current functionally orientated knowledge and experience into YOUR unique NED offer.
- Step 5: Build a Board Ready CV
Work out what your offer is as a director and articulate your value clearly and succinctly.
- Step 6: Join the NED Register
Get recognised with this globally acknowledged accreditation.
Turn your career experience into a coherent, powerful story that can win you NED opportunities, and get support during your journey.
- Career strategy and planning
- Skills development
- Role-focused mentoring
- Get help with the evaluation and development of a board, including skill sets and boardroom dynamics.